Cernit polymer clay originated in the early 1960s in Prague. Since coming to The Clay and Paint Factory in Liege, Belgium, Cernit has become one of the most popular brands of polymer clay.
Cernit has the following ranges:
- Translucent - a very soft and pliable clay, it is one of the clearest translucent clays available.
- Pearl - the newest Cernit line, saturated with mica to give a fantastic effect.
- Metallic - a wide range of colors with mica to give it a metallic sheen when cured.
- Opaline - cures to a porcelain-like finish, also comes in primary colors for color mixing.
- Number One - an opaque clay with a full range of colors.
- Neon - a very strongly fluorescent clay in 4 beautiful colors.
- Nature - used to achieve natural effects - Savanna, Basalt and Granite.
The Translucent, Pearl, and Metallic lines can be soft, especially when delivered fresh from the factory. If it is softer than you prefer, see How To Leach Polymer Clay. The Number One, Opaline, Neon and Nature lines are typically firmer, but still nice and pliable.
Free shipping in the US on orders over $75!